This destination in the Mexican Caribbean is considered a Caribbean beach paradise. With fine, soft white sand, it revolves around ecotourism to respect the flora and fauna that surround it.
Tulum has a different type of charm with a boho-hippie style that attracts mainly young people. This destination is also magical because it is a historical and archaeological site with amazing Mayan ruins near the beach and other points of interest nearby.
To take advantage of the main attractions in the area, we recommend staying in Tulum for six or seven days so you can visit Sian Ka’an and Akumal, visit the main Mayan ruins and the cenotes, try delicious restaurants, go shopping and biking, and do many more activities.
Local Inspiration Guide in Tulum
- Visit the Mayan ruins in Tulum; its “Castillo del Mar” is one of the most famous postcards of the Riviera Maya. The archaeological area is larger than it looks, so it will take you half a day to see it.
- Swim at Playa Paraiso to enjoy the view of the Mayan ruins in the background.
- Contemplate the magical sunsets from anywhere on the beach.
- Visit some of the popular restaurants in the area such as Taboo, Kin Toh, Rosa Negra, or Mi Amor.
- Take the best photos in front of the famous Tulum sign located on the town’s main street.
- Visit a nearby cenote, like the Gran Cenote and Cenote Zacil Ha.
- Go on day trips to places nearby like the Cobá Ruins, which has one of the tallest Mayan pyramids in Mexico.
- Spend a day touring the Sian Ka’an reserve, the largest protected area in the Mexican Caribbean and one of the most wonderful corners of the entire area thanks to its beautiful beaches, coral reefs, cenotes, and additional ecotourism options.
- Following the coast to the south, you will find Akumal, a good place for a day at the beach, snorkeling, and, if you are lucky, watching beautiful turtles.
Plus, you can stay at one of the adults-only hotels in the area, the Catalonia Royal Tulum. It is a resort designed for everyone looking to be surrounded by nature. As an ETC member, you will have first-class benefits and Luxury All In service.