Essential equipment for making the best sushi at home
Do you like sushi so much that you’d like to try making it yourself at home?
Surprise your partner or family with a roll of exclusive hosomaki:
Before you do anything else, find a supermarket that has Asian products, since the ingredients are a bit more specialized and are usually not available at neighborhood grocery stores:
– Sushi rice
– Vinegar for sushi rice
– Smoked salmon
– Nori – seaweed sheets used to wrap sushi
– Cream cheese
– Soy sauce
– Sushi mat
- Cut the smoked salmon into strips.
- Spread the salmon with a layer of cream cheese.
- Cut the nori sheets until they measure approximately half the mat.
- Splash the rice with a few squirts of the vinegar and extend over the nori (not too thick a layer).
- Place the strips of salmon with cheese in the center and use the mat to form the sushi roll.
- Cut the roll into portions after it has been rolled closed. Wet the knife with the vinegar for the cleanest cut possible. Cut the roll into 8 portions for the perfect serving. J
- Plate and serve with soy sauce and a bit of wasabi.
And now your exclusive hosomaki is ready to eat!
Wasn’t that easier than you thought it was going to be?