The Dominican Republic is a destination with wonderful nature and a rich culture that will fascinate you. The country’s most popular region for tourists is Punta Cana, which is famous for its idyllic beaches with transparent water and fine white sand surrounded by coconut trees; it is a place where the only thing you will have to worry about is relaxing and getting some sun.
This area is blessed with one of the longest white sand coasts in the Caribbean: a total of 30 miles accented with coconut trees that seem to reach the sky. This is where the Atlantic Ocean meets the Caribbean Sea to make way for this world-famous destination. Plus, you can get in touch with your adventurous side and become one with nature with a wide range of outdoor activities.
Local Inspiration Guide in Punta Cana
- Visit the beaches in the area that have received the Blue Flag certification, such as Playa de Arena Gorda, Ubero Alto, Bávaro, Macao, El Cortecito, Cabo Engaño, and Cabeza de Toro.
- Discover Playa Macao, which faces the north and is the beach with the biggest waves in the area, so it is perfect for renting a surfboard and jumping into the sea. Plus, if you are more adventurous, a perfect terrain for buggies has formed around this area.
- Going on a full-day excursion to visit Isla Saona is a must.
- The excursion to Isla Catalina is perfect for snorkeling thanks to the stunning reefs that surround it.
- Visit Altos del Chavón, a picturesque village built in 1976 that replicates the Mediterranean architecture of the sixteenth century and even has a Roman-style theater.
- A highly recommended getaway is going to Santo Domingo, the capital of the country. You will find several historical places that will surprise you that are considered the first in America, such as the first cathedral, the first university, the first stone house, the first military settlement, and more.