Spain is one of the favorite European destinations for tourists from around the world, popular for its huge selection of attractions, but its famous capital—magnificent Madrid—certainly tops the list.
Get ready, because from now on you have yet another option for enjoying Madrid at the Catalonia El Retiro, an establishment that expands the collection of City Hotels that we offer in the Spanish capital, and we want you to be one of the first members to stay there.
In a prime location near Retiro Park, this resort is the perfect home base for exploring every corner of the city and taking in the host of cultural and entertainment options the destination has to offer.
This 4-star hotel boasts 62 double and superior rooms with every amenity imaginable, making it the perfect place for you to stay when you visit Madrid for either business or pleasure. As a Club member, you can enjoy an even more unforgettable stay because you also have a direct, guaranteed room upgrade depending on your membership level.
We encourage you to plan a fantastic vacation in this European city. Keep reading for some one of the top reasons to visit the Spanish capital:
- Madrid is Spain’s most populated city and has rich history and the widest array of cultural attractions and activities.
- It’s one of those cities that’s best experienced by strolling along its vibrant streets, observing its majestic architecture and visiting its wide range of world-renowned museums such as the Prado Museum, the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum and the Reina Sofia Contemporary Art Museum.
- You can also check out the Cibeles fountain, where Real Madrid fans gather to celebrate their victories.
- Marvel at the famous Puerta de Alcalá, one of the five gates to the old city.
- Take a stroll through Retiro Park, the city’s green lung that is dotted with large gardens and a lake, perfect for a relaxing and taking a well-deserved break. You can also take a rowboat out on the lack, a romance-filled plan particularly at sunset and a fabulous choice for escaping from the hustle and bustle of the city while kicking back and relaxing with that special someone in an idyllic setting.
- Gran Vía is Madrid’s shopping and tourist hub, packed with a theater, concert halls and movie theaters that light up the city at night.
- Madrid’s wide array of dining options includes the Mercado de San Miguel, a market where visitors can spend hours hopping from stall to stall and tasting delicious Spanish dishes like premium jamón serrano (cured ham), cocido madrileño (chickpea and thin noodle stew with vegetables, meats, and sausages), tripe, patatas bravas, calamari bocadillo (baguette sandwich) and an endless number of tapas paired with an excellent glass of wine or a refreshing beer.
- The well-known Azotea del Círculo is a special place to take in the views on any given afternoon. Located east of the downtown area, the venue can turn any dinner into a unique and unforgettable experience in one of the most romantic places in the city.