Are you planning your next vacation? Get ready to become an explorer and discover all the wonders that the Riviera Maya have in store for you.
Enjoy the perfect balance between adventure and culture by discovering new places that have activities for both kids and adults, where you can make lifelong memories with the whole family, that special someone or your closest friends.
This is our list of the Top 5 Excursions that you can do in this destination of Riviera Maya:
- Chichen Itza: this magical ruin is one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World, a title earned for being a majestic example of the Mayan culture. The main attraction is the Mayan pyramid of Kukulkan and tourists from all over the world are often mesmerized by the 30-meter-tall hill before following the route through the Temple of the Warriors, the ball court, the Platform of Venus, and a sacred cenote.
- Xcaret: a spectacular eco-archeological park located in the heart of the Riviera Maya. It is famous for its unparalleled natural beauty and the extensive variety of natural attractions, activities and experiences available to families and visitors of all ages. You can swim in underground rivers and visit the spectacular coral reef aquarium, the butterfly house, the aviary and the jaguar island. You will also come into direct contact with Mexican culture as you discover traces of the Mayan culture, the Museum of Mexican Popular Art, a classic henequen hacienda and the chapel of Our Lady of Guadalupe. At night, guests can see “Xcaret México Espectacular”, a show featuring pre-Hispanic dances and classic charreria; a unique experience.
- Tulúm: Sixty-three kilometers south of Playa del Carmen, several monumental constructions remain standing from a city with walls on three of its sides along 6 kilometers of coastline. Experience the mysticism of Mayan culture firsthand through magnificent structures and unique Mayan ruins of buildings that once stood facing the sea. You can also cool off at the small beach found at this amazing site.
- Xplor: Get adventurous and visit this park located in the heart of the jungle. Here you can enjoy activities that will unleash your most fearless side as you slide down incredible zip lines, drive 4×4 cars through part of the jungle, walk through caverns and swim in underground rivers, where you’ll be amazed by the ancient formations of stalactites and stalagmites. All in the safest and most modern environment for your peace of mind.
- Xoximilco: the perfect way to enjoy the evening with friends or that special someone. A fun floating party, this experience is built around 100% Mexican customs and folklore. You will board colorful trajineras, boats that represent the country’s different states, and the host will guide you through the park’s canals while you raise a glass of your favorite drink. A bonus is that you’ll also get to eat exquisite Mexican dishes while listening to music and dancing to the beats of rancheros, norteños, and musical icons the marimba and the legendary mariachi.